Want Relief from Your Spring Allergies? Call Your Baltimore Hardwood Floor Company!
An estimated 60 million Americans suffer from allergies. Are you one of them? Do you suffer from Spring Allergies? If so, you know just how miserable life can be this time of year. And there is no escaping the pollen. It is everywhere. It is outside. It gets stuck to your shoes and transported inside. And then it gets buried deep down into the fibers of your carpet.
Spring allergies are the worst! Fortunately, there may be a way to get some Relief from Your Spring Allergies. How?
- Humidity: By keeping the humidity levels in your home at 50% or lower, dust mites can’t survive, eliminating one allergen.
- Dust-Proof Coverings: Invest in dust-proof vinyl coverings for your mattress and pillows. These will help keep dust mites and allergens out of your bed.
- Furnishing: Try to limit upholstered furniture. Like carpet, upholstery can harbor allergens. Instead, opt for wood furnishing.
- Remove Carpeting: As we have just mentioned, carpeting harbors allergens, like pollen. Removing carpeting is one way to lower the allergen count in your home. According to Carpet-health.org, studies comparing airborne particles levels in carpeted rooms to non-carpeted rooms showed carpeted surfaces trapped more particles.
- Hardwood Floors: Doctors recommend hardwood floors for allergy sufferers, like you. “Hardwood floors are an ideal type of floor for persons with allergies and asthma,” according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. Hardwood floors do not give allergens – like animal dander, dust, pollen, mites and mold – anywhere to hide.
“If people ask me what they can do to make their home less allergy-causing, I tell them to stick with hardwood floors,” said Allen D. Gilbert, M.D.
John K. Eareckson & Co. is Your Baltimore Hardwood Floor Company
At John K. Eareckson & Co., we pride ourselves on providing the best quality and craftsmanship in the Baltimore-Washington area, from custom hardwood installation, repairs, and refinishing. Let us help you enjoy the spring time a little more.
If you have any questions about Hardwood Floors & Relieving Your Spring Allergies, please contact John K. Eareckson & Co. by calling 410-788-4200 or visit JKEHardwoodFlooring.com today for a free quote regarding any of your hardwood flooring needs. You can also follow us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter!