If you take care of your hardwood floors, they will take care of you. And hardwood floor maintenance is actually easier than you may think. A few minutes here and there throughout the week is all you need to keep your hardwood floors sparkling for years to come.
Hardwood Floor Cleaning and Maintenance
- For starters, sweeping up dirt, dust, and other debris daily is a good way to keep your floors clean and scratch free.
- Once or twice a week, vacuum using a soft bristle brush attachment.
- Using a “dry” damp mop, to clean your hardwood floors. Too much water can be a bad thing.
- If excess water does find its way onto your hardwood floor, Do your best to get rid of that water as quickly as possible using a soft towel.
- Consider using carpet runners or area rugs in high traffic areas to cut down on wear.
- If you do use runners or area rugs, be sure to vacuum them frequently so dirt and debris do not filter down onto the hardwood flooring.
- Do not drag furniture or anything else across your hardwood floors. Instead, consider using furniture pads.
- Follow manufacturer recommendations when treating scratches.
- To help bring your hardwood floors back to life, try waxing and buffing.
- Have your hardwood floor refinished if they are past the scope of normal cleaning and maintenance.
If you have any questions, please contact John K. Eareckson & Co. by calling 410-788-4200 or visit JKEHardwoodFlooring.com today!
If new floors are your dream, Eareckson can make those dreams come true!
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter!