When it comes to flooring, stains can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare. So when spills happen, it is important to act quickly, especially when that spill involves something as damaging as coffee.
Cleaning Coffee from Carpet
- Gather what you need: You will need some carpet shampoo, cloths or towels, 1 teaspoon, lukewarm water, a spray bottle, a heavy weight, several plastic bags, rubber gloves, and a mixing bowl.
- Blot up the Spill: Using the cloth or towel, blot up as much of the coffee as you can.
- Spray with Warm Water: If the stain still remains, spray it with clean, warm water. Then blot the stain with a towel or cloth. Repeat.
- Apply Carpet Cleaning Products: If the stain still remains, it may be time to try something more intense. First, check the carpet type. Natural fibers such as grass, sisal or wool should be cleaned professionally. If the carpet fibers are not natural, proceed to apply carpet shampoo (see below).
- Massage the Stain: Dampen a clean cloth with some cleaning solution and lay it over the stain. Then, use the bottom of a teaspoon to massage the stain. Work from outside of the stain in to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Rinse: Spray warm water onto the stain to remove any excess cleaner.
- Towel Time: Stack several towels on top of the stain. Cover these with a plastic bag and put a heavy weight on top. This should help absorb the stain. Leave this in place over night.
- Professional Help: If the stain still remains, seek professional help.
Cleaning Coffee from a Hardwood Floor
- Gather what you need: Grab a rag, mop, or paper Towel
- Get to Work: Wipe up the spill.
So why is you home still carpeted?
John K. Eareckson & Co.: Baltimore Custom Hardwood Flooring
At John K. Eareckson & Co., we pride ourselves on providing the best quality and craftsmanship in the Baltimore-Washington area, from custom hardwood installation and repairs to refinishing. So if you are interested in a new, custom hardwood floor, pick up the phone and give us a call today!
If you have any questions about Custom Hardwood Floors, please contact John K. Eareckson & Co. by calling 410-788-4200 or visit JKEHardwoodFlooring.com todayfor a free quote regarding any of your hardwood flooring needs.