You have recently had a new hardwood floor installed and it looks great. Still, there is something missing. The room just needs a little something more, but what?
The right area rug could be the perfect way to complement your décor while also protecting your hardwood flooring. So here are a few tips to help you pick out the right rug:
- Area Rug Size: Standard rug sizes are 4 x 6, 5 x 8, 6 x 9, 8 x 10, 9 x 12 and 12 x 14. But before you choose a rug, you should first measure the room. Then choose an area rug that is two feet shorter than the smallest wall.
- Matching your Existing Décor: Did you know that 30% of a room’s color is dominated by the color of your floor? This is why it is important to coordinate your existing furniture with your new area rug. So why not bring one of your cushions with you when shopping for an area rug? This way you can see what matches.
- Browse: Look around and compare styles, textures, colors, and, of course, prices. Don’t buy the first area rug that you see.
- Choosing Materials: Between man-mad and natural fibers, there are more than a few options when it comes to rug materials. You need to find a material that meets all of your criteria: price, comfort, and cleaning. Here is a quick hint: man-made fibers like nylon and polypropylene tend to be cheap and easy to maintain. But the choice is yours.
- Quality: Yes, craftsmanship matters. Not all area rugs are created equal.
If you have any questions, please contact John K. Eareckson & Co. by calling 410-788-4200 or visit JKEHardwoodFlooring.com today!
John K. Eareckson & Co. is a premier installer and refinisher of hardwood floors in the Baltimore / DC metro region. If new floors are your dream, we can make those dreams come true…for less than you might imagine. John. K. Eareckson & Co. will provide the best quality, craftsmanship, and customer service around.
“After all, you are walking on our reputation.”